1,000 BOOKS Before Kindergarten
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Continues with a few Simple Changes!
Register – Read – Track – Recognition
The library’s early literacy program continues even with the safe distancing requirements and the library not being fully open at this time! If you already participate in 1,000 Books you will notice a few changes.
If you are new to 1,000 Books, welcome, and read on!
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a richer vocabulary, and building background knowledge – all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
1,000 Books is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success!
- Begin any time, birth to kindergarten
- Receive introductory packet digitally or call for porch pick up
- Register Online
- Read Together
- Track Titles in ReadSquared
- Registration Reward: just call and we will have your special book bag ready for you!
- 100 Book milestones “fun kid reward” at each milestone for front porch pick up, just call
- Digital Story Video Reward: a different one, from registration to 1,000 books!
- 1,000 Book Certificate with optional online recognition, no names posted