1,000 BOOKS Before Kindergarten
Register – Read – Track – Recognition
The library’s early literacy program is ongoing. If you already participate in 1,000 Books, this is a reminder to visit the library for your child’s 100 book milestone rewards as you read to 1,000.
If you are new to 1,000 Books, welcome, and read on!
Did you know that reading to your child is one of the most powerful ways to boost his or her brain power? The simple and enjoyable act of sharing books helps your child learn pre-reading skills such as understanding the sounds letters make, developing a richer vocabulary, and building background knowledge – all important skills that help prepare your child for learning to read and entering kindergarten.
1,000 Books is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success!
- Begin any time, birth until kindergarten
- Introductory packet is available to print from the website or ask us for a copy.
- Register Online in ReadSquared.
- Read Together
- Track Titles in ReadSquared
- 100 Book milestones “fun kid reward” at each milestone, pick up when you visit.
- Digital Story Book Video Reward: a different one, from registration to 1,000 books!
- Digital Badges for each milestone appear in your ReadSquared account.
- 1,000 Book Certificate with optional online recognition, no names posted.
- 1,000 Book Leaf for the Library Reading Tree