Starting February 23, 2022:
- The OverDrive app will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft store. Download links for the legacy OverDrive desktop app for Windows and Mac will be removed from overdrive.com/apps.
- New users looking for the OverDrive app will be directed to Libby.
- Users who previously installed the OverDrive app (mobile or desktop) will still be able to use it without disruption
- All users can continue to access your library’s OverDrive website.
- The Amazon Appstore has not yet accepted the Libby app for its store.
In order to use the Libby app on a Kindle Fire you can follow these instructions and sideload the app onto your device.
Important: If you choose to sideload the app, once installed, remember to turn off “Allow from this source” in “Install from unknown source.”
Kindle Fire users can still use the OverDrive app in the Amazon App store until February 23, 2023.
More information will be provided once it is made available.
You can download titles one of two ways: as an Adobe EPUB eBook, or as a Kindle eBook. EPUB eBooks will download to your device and become available in the OverDrive app bookshelf. The Kindle eBook will require you to log into your Amazon account and choose which device to send the title to. The title will then be downloaded onto the device and accessible through the Amazon Kindle app.
The basic steps include:
- Log in to the Electronic Resources section of the Library website with your library card and telephone number.
- Click on the OverDrive logo.
- You are automatically logged in through your library account.
- Select a book to borrow.
- Select read.
- You will stream the title from OverDrive
For Downloading titles onto your devices
- Install a OverDrive app for your mobile device/tablet or install the Adobe Digital Editions program for your desktop computer.
Click on your device type for more detailed instructions:
|OverDrive App(For Android / iOS / Nook / Kindle Fire)|
(For Android / iOS / Windows 10)
Libby for Kindle Fire (Sideload Instructions)
Hundreds of eReader
devices using Adobe
OverDrive Desktop app
(For downloading and listening to eAudioBooks on your computer or transfer to MP3 player)
Kindle eReader /
Kindle Reading App
Technical support and information on more devices is available at http://help.OverDrive.com/.