Get a TexShare Card
TexShare card Program
The TexShare card program is a reciprocal borrowing program established by the Texas State Library. It is designed as a service to offer wider access to information for Texas library users.
Library users will be able to borrow materials from participating TexShare libraries throughout the State of Texas.
DS Members Eligibility
- Current members of the Dripping Springs Community Library, who have regularly used the library in the past three months (at least 4 separate material circulations excluding computers) and who have no pending overdues or fines may obtain a TexShare card. New patrons are eligible to get a TexShare card after three months of regular library usage (at least 4 separate material circulations excluding computers) with no overdues or pending fines.
- The TexShare card will be valid for 12 months and will be renewed if member has no pending overdues or fines at the Dripping Springs Community Library or any other libraries used.
- Member should present expired TexShare card in order to renew.
- Children 17 or under must have a parent with them to sign the application.
- Members will have to adhere to the borrowing policies of the lending libraries.
- Members must return materials to the lending library according to the individual policies for each library.
- Members are responsible for payment of fines for overdue items, and replacement costs for lost materials.
- TexShare borrowers may apply for a DS Library card by filling out an application form and by presenting their TexShare card, driver’s license and their “home” borrowing card.
- Materials may be renewed in person or by telephone, with a limit of 2 renewals. Materials that are on hold for other members may not be renewed.
- Borrowers are responsible for returning materials directly to the Dripping Springs Community Library. They can drop off materials inside the library or use the outside drop box when the library is closed. They may also mail materials by first-class mail to: Dripping Springs Community Library, 501 Sportsplex Dr, Dripping Springs, TX 78620.
- Members will be charged fines when applicable and will be responsible for the payment of lost items.
- Members with overdues or unpaid fines will lose their borrowing privileges until their account is cleared.
- TexShare borrowers are subject to the same borrowing policies as local members with the following exceptions:
- No Interlibrary loan services.