Enter between September 1-22
Winners Announced by September 28, 2023
- In Children’s Room: Sign up with your name, phone number, email and age.
- Select one book from the special book cart. Use the included paper for your art.
- Check out the book before leaving the library, please!
- Create your own book cover art for the selected title using the supplied paper.
- Return book and book cover art by the deadline of 9-22-23.
- Check in with staff so your cover art receives a judging tag, don’t skip this step!
- Judging will be done by local artists.
- All winners will be notified on or before 9-28-23.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Winners will be chosen in each age group.
Book Cover Contest Rules
- Create a cover for your selected book using the included sized paper.
- Your original artwork is wanted! Please do not copy or trace the book publisher’s cover.
- Create using markers, paints, colored pencils, crayons or collage papers.
- Your art can be any style from geometric designs to collage art to fine drawings.
- The Title and the Author must be included on your cover. Spelling counts!
- Do not include your name on the book cover.
- You will be judged on how well you follow the rules as well as the design, originality, spelling and skill exhibited in creating your book cover art.
- Return the book and your book cover to the Children’s Room no later than September 22.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Winners will be chosen in both age groups.
Grand Prizes: All three winners in each age group will have their book cover art made into real book covers and placed on the individual books for everyone to see as the book is checked out for the next year! Library staff will add the event with the artist’s name to the back of the book cover as a special touch.
Bonus Prize: 1 Amazon HD8 Tablet
One lucky winner will be drawn from the pool of all “eligible” entries in the combined age groups. “Eligibility: Please note that if you or a family member have previously won a Tablet or Kindle Fire from the Library, you will not be eligible to win.”