Dinovember – is the month that DINOSAURS love to visit the library. Join the whimsical fun during November as we mix Thanksgiving, turkeys, and dinosaurs! Some scientists do say that our Thanksgiving bird is a modern day relative of some dinosaurs, including the mighty T-Rex!
What to Expect During Dinovember?
- Watch for the large visitors who may appear during Dinovember
- Count the small dinosaurs each week that can be found in Childrens. The number will grow weekly until Thanksgiving. You can count and take home a small reward each week.
- Compare Your Feet to Dinosaur Tracks on the front porch. How many of your feet would fit in a stegosaurus footprint? Take pictures and share please.
- Dinovember Coloring Pages: complete and display at the library or take them for a home activity.
Dinosaurs Are Everywhere
Go on a Dinosaur Hunt in the Children’s Room and COUNT the plastic dinosaurs you discover hiding. Look high and low and in between! The dinosaur numbers will grow weekly, and they will seek out new hiding places each week, so visit often during November!
Note to caregivers: little ones may want to gather the dinos like an egg hunt, please help them count instead of picking up the dinosaurs. Earn a dinosaur prize for counting a minimum number weekly, the prize changes each week.
Dinovember Contest – Draw Your Original Dinosaur!
Ages 8 – 12. Entry Deadline November 16
- Imagine, then draw or paint the dinosaur you imagined, label special features if you wish and don’t forget to name your creation!
- Bring entries to the library ASAP, but no later than Wednesday, Nov. 16, 5pm.
- Judging will take place over the next few days.
- Winning artists will be notified by Nov. 22.
- Entries displayed through November, ready to go home by December 3rd.
And the Prizes Are:
- Build Your Own Dinosaur Museum by Kids Lonely Planet
- Crystal Ombre Soap Making STEM Kit by Kiwico