The Dripping Springs Community Library is accepting applications for Library Assistant – Children’s Services.
This position is 40 hours weekly. Schedule is Monday from 10:30am to 7pm; Tuesday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm.
This position is on rotation for the weekend schedule.
The rate is $17.00 per hour. Health insurance and a Simple IRA are offered.
Working in a very dynamic environment, duties involve:
- Supporting the Children’s Librarian in planning
- Processing related library materials
- Coordinating and preparing programs, including the Summer Reading Program
- Providing Reader’s advisory and reference for families and children.
- Posts on the library’s social media for Children’s programs and resources
- The position also will become proficient in using the Apollo ILS (integrated library system), issuing library and TexShare cards, managing member fines/fees, annotating related Apollo records.
- This person will also do shelving in Children’s, as needed.
- Because of the complex library automation system, computer skills and experience are required
- Two years of experience working in a library and ability to speak/read Spanish is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
For further information about the library please visit our website at DSCL.org.
Please provide a resume and cover letter in PDF format and email to [email protected].